Sunday, February 28, 2010

Guest for dinner =D

Tonight Tim and I got to have Landon and Nicole over for food and games. I made Penne a la Vodka with homemade French bread, Broccoli sauteed with olive oil, salt and chili flakes(gives them a little kick that is delicious!!!). I had a bunch of leftover egg whites so for dessert I made lemon meringue pie. The pasta was amazing, the broccoli turned out perfect, the french bread was not the best I have made, I tried making it with AP flour and it didn't turn out as good as the loafs with  bread flour in them. The lemon meringue pie had great flavor, but the lemon filling was a little runny and not enough of it. Overall everything was really great but I think next time I will do more of a lemon curd for the lemon filling in the pie so it is thicker. =D Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment